View Single Post
Old 06.16.2021, 03:15 AM   #114
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
OK, according to Discogs and other sources, there are two "mastering errors" (gaps that shouldn't be there, basically) on the 4CD set that came out on May 14. The Bandcamp FLACs have been fixed, but I understand the physical edition includes a couple more tracks than the virtual one:

4CD mispress
Messed up files
Corrected files

So. A second pressing is coming and you can already preorder it on Warp.net, BUT it'd be damn nice to know whether this was prompted because the discs were fucked up or just because they ran out of copies. And if they are doing the right thing and fixing the screwup, please modify the catalog and matrix numbers - I went through two different copies of My Bloody Valentine's Loveless and three of New Order's Brotherhood searching almost blindly for the corrected versions.

Not that anybody's gonna see this post anyway.

Bleep/Ochre has informed yours truly that Rupt + Flex's second pressing will indeed be flawless (confirmed to them directly by Warp). After receiving this information, I find Simon Reynolds' recent article and interview with the band more enjoyable. Notice, by the way, how he laments the degeneration into meaninglessness of his term "post-rock" (yes, he came up with it; he also translated "hauntology" from pure philosophy to music) and how he basically shits on bands labeled as such who share fuckall with what he envisioned (a phenomenon that is sadly inevitable, I guess):

From Rapture to Rupt: The Journey Of Seefeel

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|