Thread: the other news
View Single Post
Old 03.24.2019, 09:17 AM   #236
GravitySlips
children of satan

GravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I think Britain needs radical reform. The customs union prohibits that and, as I don't see any evidence of the EU reforming itself, I want out. There's risks, but I'd prefer those to the slow strangulation by the EU, with no chance of change.

As a Scot, I think that now (and I was previously ambivalent about it), I'd use similar arguments for wanting Scottish independence after all this. Previously I'd erred on the side of preferring radical reform to the UK electoral system rather than the risks of outright independence, but it just feels difficult to deny the complete fracture in sentiment between Scotland and elsewhere at the moment. That said, it looks like similar divides are seen throughout different areas of England, too (London vs the North East, for example).

Interesting times ahead - lots of people are going to be angry, regardless of what happens next.
GravitySlips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|