View Single Post
Old 11.08.2013, 04:11 PM   #112
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
The Rockets were a pathetic bag of crap last night against the Lakers.

11 Dwight Howard missed free throws......afraid this issue isn't going away.

Didn't y'all pay attention to how Dwight's dismal free-throw shooting KILLED the Lakers last year? I mean Shaq couldn't make a free-throw for his life, and his post-game wasn't the most impressive either, but he more than made up for those flaws with unprecedented overwhelmingly BRUTE FORCE under the basket on both ends of the floor. In LA, we let Howard go because the guy is all smoke and mirrors. When Lebron carried a shit team all the way to the Finals in 2007 it was a reflection of his singular brilliance, now it seems clear that when Dwight did the same thing with the Magic it was just an aberration. The guy REFUSES to learn from Hakeem, unlike so many others including Lebron. When I watch Lebron in the post, I can visually recognize the added footwork and prowess that is the Dream and which Hakeem taught Lebron over a few summers. Dwight is wasting it. The guy is too lethargic, not motivated. I think he came to Houston because he believed that Houston unlike Los Angeles would tolerate a play-off caliber team but not a true contender. I think he was wrong, and Rockets fans will inevitably turn on him too when they realize just what they signed up for. Sad but true, while he lacks rebounding, his aggressiveness at key moments, great foot-work, and fantastic spot-up shooting make CHRIS BOSH a better fucking center in this small-ball era than Dwight.

As to Lakers, that was an INSTANT CLASSIC Laker game, and when Mike D'Antoni was saying last season he was waiting for Steve Blake to come back to save the team, I laughed out loud. Steve Blake?? After last season and this one, I'm not laughing any more. Looking back at D'Antoni's career, the guy has made a name for himself taking nobodies and under-developed young players and turning them into great players. In Phoenix it was Nash, Stoudemire and Marion who were all mediocre until they evolved under D'Antoni into the fierce 7 Seconds or Less style of play which has in essence revolutionized basketball. That was the invention of true small ball with floor-spacing 3 point shooting, the revamping of the significance of the PG, and the dominance of the pick-and-roll.

Think about the championships after the end of the 1980s Magic/Isaiah Thomas era, when essentially the PG became a defensive position under Phil Jackson's dominance. Phil brought the advent of that most boring isolation "hero-ball" kind of play, and won 11 championships in the process, but thankfully Mike D'Antoni in the mid-2000s realized there was a way to beat that kind of play. With delightful, ball-moving team basketball. What guys like Thibs, Doc Rivers, and Spoelstra have done is taken that to the next level by developing an accompanying team-style of defense to match the ball-moving offense. Its a beautiful thing to watch. When 2010s NBA is flowing on all cylinders on both sides of the floor, I think it hasn't looked better than when Magic and Kareem were embarrassing even the likes of Larry Legend

Sorry Rockets, you bit off more than you can chew, but with a team that statistically resembles last years Lakers in every single regard, Dwight will inevitably be just as unhappy and unproductive with y'all as he was with us. You ain't contending when you rely on bad defense and James Harden free throws. As happened to D-Wade in the Finals, sometimes the whistles stop coming your way and then what? DEFENSE. Something Wade does at an elite level, something which Harden/Lin can't quite pull off. I had fun watching Rockets play explosive offense last year, but time to pay the piper y'all.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|