View Single Post
Old 09.06.2010, 01:56 PM   #79
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
For the first time ever? Oh boy, you are in for such a treat. I envy you almost, I'd love to wipe my memory and watch the episodes afresh as opposed to knowing every single line in each episode.

Haha yeah, you don't know how much trouble I'd get into when I told people I had never watched the show. I'd get plenty of those obvious "YOU'VE NEVER WATCHED THE SIMPSONS?!?!" outbursts. Before my actual sitting down and watching the show, I'd seen three episodes, and only one of those a full episode. The first was Homerpalooza, and this one episode where I think Lisa and this school superintendent walk into a room and this little kid calls him Super Nintendo instead. And this one a friend made me watch so I could see Homer sing The Doors' The End.

But my mom just never let me and my sister watch it as kids. Though we got away with watching much more vulgar tv I think like Ren and Stimpy and violent movies.

I watched the first episode of season 2 yesterday. Still good. Strangely my preferred moments aren't even the funny ones. Like my favorite moment of the show yet is when Bart is crying over failing his history test, and he's gushing about how hard he really tried and still failed. I really liked that.

I wish they had capitalized more on Homer's spontaneous lightning brief violent outbursts against Bart, those were hilarious. He doesn't really do that now.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|