View Single Post
Old 09.28.2010, 06:17 PM   #285
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I got some cool ones on my list... new Trumans Water, for example. At the top of my head.. whatever John Reis (Night Marchers) or Rick Froberg (Obits) is doing (formely of Hot Snakes, Drive Like Jehu -- two of the best bands ever; I've probably listened to Hot Snakes more than any other band ever), or involved in (Beehive/Baracuda, Sultans, Marked Men) is always worth a look. Tons of awesome j indie bands (Yolz in the Sky, Sparta Locals, Toddle, Zazen Boys, Number Girl, Gaji, Bloodthirsty Butchers). Druid Perfume, Vapid, Contaminators, Outer Spacist, Herman's Rocket, Human Egg, Krallice, Piranhas, Manikin, etc. are pretty great mostly recent examples. As far as stuff from a few years ago that no one really paid much attention to despite being amazing, I HIGHLY reccomend Ikara Colt (fast art punk, like early Fall, y'know "Steppin Out" "Firey Jack" but really sloppy and arsy) and Theory of Ruin (like an evil, damaged, quivering Shellac that sounds like they're going to fall apart any second). That Heroin Sheiks album that came out a few years ago is a classic.. that no one paid attention to. Halo of Flies reformed as HoF and are fucking awesome. Just too many to name. New Necrophagist album should be coming out any day, and will likely be the guitar album. I'm sure that Daughters album is awesome, too, they always had great riffs -- thanks for reminding me of it, Lou.

And hey if you want to hear a lot of crazy riffs, check out the new Scissor Shock album http://www.mediafire.com/?b28upiail4y5a57 ... the title track alone has around 350 riffs.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|