Thread: laptop advice
View Single Post
Old 05.20.2010, 01:34 PM   #58
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
flotto, did you get a core i7 macheen? what about graphix? screen size? do you get a 15 minute battery life?

gaming on a mac sucks-- took 5 years to port rome total war to osx, and it's glitchy as fuck. bootcamp is ok but having to reboot instead of alt-tabbing to work on osx sucks too.

i like macs, have 3 of them, but haven't drank the kool aid-- plenty of problems with them, eg: long update cycles without price drops, shit that breaks (my white macbook has a gash on the palmrest-- waiting for last day of warranty to replace-- the macmini is sweet and easy but weak compared to other $1K machines-- lack of express card slots on all but 17" laptops-- and no bluray, for fucks sakes)-- and i still need to keep a pc around to do stuff one just can't do on macs, like dumping p2 cards on a hard drive-- or (again) play bluray discs-- well you can, with bootcamp, and some hardware tweaking, but beats the point of 1 device to do most tasks.

anyway have fun with your toys
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|