View Single Post
Old 11.05.2010, 05:29 PM   #13034
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Anyone else REALLY like Woody Allen? *crickets chirp* I will say, he hasn't made a great film in a while... even the much-loved Match Point was horrible. Whatever Works was pretty fun, but it got old a bit too fast... wouldn't WORKED if it had been a short.
i don't think he's the most original director ever, but he wears his influences (bergman, fellini, groucho, et al) on his sleeve very well while putting his own spin on things. i'd be lying if i said i didn't enjoy about a dozen or so of his films. i think he's been more or less consistent up until "bullets over broadway" (sorry, i absolutely hate "deconstructing harry") with his last worthwhile film being "sweet and lowdown" (terribly underrated.) i don't get the fuss over "match point." "scoop" and "whatever works" are alright.

top ten:

1. annie hall
2. manhattan
3. stardust memories
4. love and death
5. zelig
6. hannah and her sisters
7. interiors
8. the purple rose of cairo
9. crimes and misdemeanors
10. husbands and wives

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|