Thread: "Art" or abuse?
View Single Post
Old 10.25.2007, 04:58 AM   #96
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
1) mang, if you separate an exhibition from it context nothing is left to discuss.
I don't believe that that is necessarily true. Most of the best art is inherently moving, at least to me.

Quote:
2) politics/philosohpy, how far are they really? and this exhibit was made in central america for central americans. try at least to tactfully understand before judging? avoid knee-jerk reactions.
If it's to be taken a philosophically, then the circumstance of time and place are irrelevant to the ideas. Of course I most always view art first as philosophical so I see how my argument doesn't apply with regional contexts. But it still holds if the exhibit is meant to be something greater.

Quote:
3) oh yeah your bro-- but he was there, you see. it makes a difference. not this board. disclaimer- i recently bitched here about not being able to attend a show. oh poor me!!
What I'm saying though, is that people aren't totally oblivious. We may carry on with our lives but that's because we have to, freezing up does nothing and we don't all have the strength/chances/etc. to change things. I like to think that this causes a great deal of subconscious pain in the most people. Probably not, you're most likely right. I need sleep.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|