View Single Post
Old 07.31.2007, 03:41 AM   #13
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Nah, I didn't mean say they didn't have their heart in it, just that they wanted to relax from the "prog" of Jehu.. and I think Everyneurotic was just saying they seemed to be capable of doing something even more amazing but just settled with their sound... (if you were responding to our posts, I mean)

In a lot of ways, I prefer Hot Snakes... and in other ways, I prefer Jehu... the Pitchfork stuff was good but seemed held back by .... something. (the weakness of youth?)

GAR was the fucking man.

One interesting thing about the Hot Snakes.. "Automatic Midnight", the bass parts were all keyboards/organs right? Because the "bass" on that album is overbearing, and I remember reading that it had sometihng to do with the low synth tones supplying the bass lines. Then, "Suicide Invoice" came out, and there was obviously Gar playing bass, but there were still keyboards on that album, subtley... there were less keyboards on the next one, but who can forget "Lovebirds"?

I went back and listened to everything the Hot Snakes did today... my favorite tracks are: Why Does It Hurt, Who Died, U.S. Mint, Let It Come, Audit in Progress, LAX, Bye Nancy Boy, No Hands, Plenty for All, Kreative Kontrol, 10th Planet, and my all time favorite... Our Work Fills the Pews.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|