View Single Post
Old 09.17.2014, 07:02 AM   #1136
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I was lagging on responding to this but thank you, I haven't heard Digable Planets in 15 years and I basically totally forgot about them until you posted it and then BAM an entire portion of my brain came back into focus and I totally remembered loving them..

glad I could be of service! And really, this is exactly why I share these little reviews instead of keeping them to myself. On top of the potential for interesting conversation about records, it's awesome to discover/re-discover something you love.

Quote:
They were probably the most "west coast" sounding of Brooklyn groups EVER...

nah, Masta Ace Incorporated is the most west coast Brooklyn group

Quote:
I just love that groove, that bass, those bad ass piano fills.. PERFECT record yo. This was the sound that gave birth to one of my favorite records, Fugees the Score..

Agree 100%. I made that same connection in my mind when I was re-listening to this. I feel like Blowout Comb was more of a blueprint for The Score than Blunted On Reality was.

Quote:
Tribe Called Quest The Love Movement

see, this is one I feel like drags a bit once you get into the bonus tracks. Though I guess if those had been on a 2nd disc instead then it would feel like a pretty good length album to me.

Quote:
The Game Doctor's Advocate

This one was really 80 mins? I don't remember it being so long. Maybe cuz it's f'ing awesome and time flies when yr having fun haha.