View Single Post
Old 02.20.2009, 10:10 AM   #43
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
geffen actually did NOT release what SY wanted, and thurston, Kim and Lee have hinted at it, in their polite manner, in many interviews.

Well if you're on a label for 20 years, you're gonna have a bit of bitching to do about them by the end of it. So they're getting their big, long bulbous turd's worth of Geffen-slaggin' out of the way now they're off the contract. I don't think it really has to do with not releasing what they wanted, I mean, what could SY want to release that they'd stop? Some avant-garde weirdness? Well, under Geffen SY released some of their weirdest stuff on main albums - like Lightnin', Diamond Sea, Contre de la Sexisme.
I dunno, the one thing I did used to suspect Geffen of pressuring SY albout was the amount of Lee tracks, maybe they added inconsistency to records, or were'nt as recognisable or 'sellable' as Thurston and (especially) Kim's vocals. I half expected the Eternal to have 3 Lee tracks like DDN because of this suspicion. However; only 1. It is then, clearly the band's (Lee's) choice.
In summary, leave Geffen alone kids, they served SY well for 20 years.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|