Thread: the fiscal clif
View Single Post
Old 01.05.2013, 02:05 PM   #57
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yes yes but you're talking about bridges and schools and all manner of things that make it all completely unfocused and impossible to examine. sure if we want everything we should pay for everything, but we can't.

I specifically mentioned care for the elderly and disabled both financially and medically twice

I appreciate the substantive discussions on Social Security, it like Medicare, the Military, and Police-Prisons are surely public spending where we can find room for efficiency while cutting frightening levels of fraud and corruption. However and again, in our current political situation, that is unlikely and a wasted effort. I agree with you that it seems quite reasonable, but reasonable isn't the game. So I say (a) raise the taxes to Clinton levels and everybody just deal with it (b) cut the military spending according the Sequestration if not more and (c) lets get to work cutting out the corruption and fraud from Social Security/Medicare so that everybody can stop crying wolf and we can get over it already and get back to living in a terrible country. Lord Jesus in all my life I never thought I would be siding with the government, but things are so horribly inept lately that I have to pause, temporarily side with the government just so the currently shitty things can get back to their previous levels of shittiness and and then I can get back to hating the government and everything will be in its right place.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|