View Single Post
Old 04.27.2011, 02:08 PM   #14681
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
Young Frankenstein

7/10

Many people have said Mel Brooks is one of the greatest comedy directors of the 20th century, but I think in truth he's somewhat hit or miss. I mean, when he's good (The History of the World, Part I), he's really good, but when he's bad (The Twelve Chairs), it's nearly unwatchable. I'd put this one somewhere in the middle. The cop with the wooden arm was funny, the "blindman" sequence was good, and I give Peter Boyle a ton of credit for being able to say so much through just facial expressions, but I wouldn't put a huge priority on seeing this one again.

I'd give it a 8/10. I'm with you on the hit or miss. And in fact, there's probably more miss to my funnybone. But Young Frank is probably my favorite.