View Single Post
Old 08.12.2013, 12:14 PM   #36833
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
The eleven year old and I just returned from viewing the Perseid meteor shower.
We saw close to 30, but only five or so lasted several seconds with a long streaking tail......the mosquitoes sent us home.

The fireflies were out in force tonight!

The light pollution in LA makes these invisible, though two years ago it was dark enough on a new moon night that I saw several. Really, I should go up to the San Gabriels where you can have an epic view, however, in all honesty, I've seen over 40 "shooting stars" over the past few years, all entirely random beyond coincidence ( I just happened to see them, or more particular, I was outside and the streak happened to catch my attention) so part of me doesn't want to make it as easy as just going up to the mountains to watch a meteor shower. The perpetual young boy who lives in my psyche on the other hand, is always disappointed I didn't make the trek.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|