View Single Post
Old 07.02.2009, 07:50 PM   #84
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
Sorry, man, I don't mean to offend anybody by that, it was just a bit of a bummer, driving 6 hours, paying 60 dollars, and seeing a half-decent show.
The set wasn't even bad, by any means. But, had they broken up the Eternal material (maybe every 3-4 songs, throw a classic in) instead of putting it all together in the middle, you know?

I had a little weirded-out moment when Thurston fucked up in Anti-Orgasm, too. But when they busted out What We Know in the encore, I blew my balls. Such a bad-ass tune.

Haha don't be sorry, I'm just being a prick. I totally see where you're coming from, like I explained earlier. I just think people would be used to it by now! The shows immediately after a new record is released are always jam-packed with 95-100% of the album. The shows I saw on the "Rather Ripped" tour only had 3 or 4 old songs in them, and the entire new album. That was cool, I wanted to hear the new album!

I think you have to catch SY in those odd years between 'album tours' where they shake it up more -- well, the first 6 months of this year (and most of last year too, I suppose!) were like this. I won't lie, I would've loved to have seen ANY of the shows last year or earlier this year, but it didn't work out. I guarantee I won't be disappointed when I see them later this month though...
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|