View Single Post
Old 07.25.2010, 02:49 PM   #7
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I love electronic music because much of it is so faceless. I like that. It's almost always enjoyable from the perspective that it's just some guy with a few drum machines and synths. I mean, it's really hard to fuck up that combo.
Yes. And attitude-less, too. There's not this "rock&roll", "not rock&roll", etc, stuff that's present in a lot of rock music. It's just pure music. And therefore, pure emotion, nothing to do with attitude - whether it be melancholic music or music that just makes you want to blast the dancefloor or whatever. I always hated this "rock & roll" attitude thingy, even when I pretty much only listened to rock music, and I really enjoy the fact that there's no such thing in electronic music. And it can convey just about the whole panel of emotions - I can't understand people thinking all electronic music is automatically cold, etc (most of these people clearly do not know what electronic music really is, I guess). Because to me, it conveys emotions, and in a "purer" way than other forms. That may seem weird, but that's it. Just listen to, I don't know, Boards Of Canada, or Pantha Du Prince, or Burial, or Oneohtrix Point Never: sheer magnificence, and that's it. Whatever the style of electronic music it might be.

(that said, I love hip hop music, though it's filled with attitude, so I might be just tlaking nonsense, I don't know)
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|