View Single Post
Old 02.18.2007, 02:17 PM   #53
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
But really, it's just a rock album after all. All rock music is overrated.

I realise that God didn't make our bodies the right way, but can you & I have kids anyway? Go on, it'll be a laugh. They'll grow up to be utter cunts, but they'll be right.

There are plenty of albums that don't excite me in any way that lots of people like. Most of the canon if I'm honest. I'm still young though, so there's plenty of time for listening to old man music when I'm an old man. This doesn't worry me too much, but the presupposition of an aesthetic 'quality' to many rock albums irritates the fuck out of me. There's a few articulate types, but mostly the critical assessment of rock albums amounts to nothing less ephemeral than 'it rocks'. In turn, there's a boorish hegemony invoked by a great deal of rock fans who can't understand why one doesn't appreciate 'classic' album X. It's irritating, but thankfully it's only really the odd prick in a pub that manifests this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|