View Single Post
Old 10.11.2017, 06:41 PM   #50204
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I get you. And I think straightforward rock is just comforting to my ears these days. Not that I don't like other stuff of course. But sure, Foos and Weezer and whatever is def straightforward. No doubt.

I've mentioned recently that in a weird way this "dentists office rock" is almost interesting outsider music to me because... I don't know who else is listening to it besides me haha. I guess it's Nu Dad Rock tho. Or whatever you wanna call it.

Does the new Foos sound like nothing they did before? Nah. It does sound darker and has a QOTSA vibe I guess. It's kind of proggy at times. Eh. I'm not urging you to listen. But it's a good album. Damn good to my ears.

I still think Songs For The Deaf is great. I kind of put it up there next to Rated R really.

I'm surprised Smear came off somewhat jerky to you. He seems like a nice dude in interviews or whatever. Though, I don't think any other "rock star" nowadays has Nicest Guy Award level reputation that Grohl does haha.