View Single Post
Old 07.17.2013, 06:18 AM   #580
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Been giving the new Joey Bada$$ a lot of play lately. I hadn't really listened to more than a few songs of his before this, and I'm surprised at how thoughtful a rapper he is. At best, he was background music before ... I think I had two or three random songs on my iPod, but did not, and still do not, know a great deal about him. But despite the relative "soft" feel of the album compared to recent releases by new rappers, I'm really enjoying it.

Is it supposed to remind you of Tribe? Because it reminds me of Tribe a LOT. In a refreshing way, of course, because as much as some of these neo positive tip rappers try to recreate ATCQ's lyrical optimistic, yet still credible and musically innovative style, most of them have just sounded like pussies.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|