View Single Post
Old 12.10.2006, 07:30 PM   #77
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
maybe where the doco is made and based there are tons of chicks with low self esteem, it is great they can have an outlet like the rock camp and the doco can highlight this and maybe other girls with low self esteem can find out about it and go.

Now this is the shit that pisses me off. First off, these girls are of the age where it's their parents sending them to the camp, not poor little girls deciding to try music as therapy for their lagging self-esteem. And as far as the people who decide to go to the camp, myself being one, you know ahead of time that you will be playing on stage at a club at the end of it. The type of girls you are describing would most likely say "I could never do that."

When I got the email about the rock camp that I went to, I was all over it and rushed to get my payment in to make sure it wasn't sold out. Somehow I was misunderstood earlier and labelled this poor shy little girl, probably because I said I never dreamed I'd have a band now. The reason I said that is I'm a 31-year-old married female with a career that I love and have no plans on giving up. I do plan on having a family at some point, and all those things factor in to things. Also add to that that at the time I went to the camp, I'd been playing bass for three months and have never had any sort of musical training. I couldn't tell you what fret was a G without looking at my notebook. I think those of you coming up with this low self-esteem crap should look at where the hell that's coming from. If it were a boys' rock camp would you be saying it's for boys who suffer from psychological problems?

Quote:
there is a metal band here in my home town which is all chicks and they blow 98 percent of the other bands of the stage when ever they play.

Maybe I was imagining things but I thought there was a sentence there earlier about how much credit they get for that. I can imagine the comments they get. "Wow, those girls are actually good." Actually is one adverb away from a compliment, and you know those comments are made, especially in rock and metal.

You know, the person who made the original post did come off a little bitter and resorted to personally attacking the board, which has obviously caused a little bit of anger/resentment. But I think they were just as shocked as I was at the attitudes coming from a place like this. It brought out feelings in me that I didn't even know I had. Try and look at the big picture and don't take something that is completely positive (rock camp) and turn it into something that it's not.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|