View Single Post
Old 12.09.2006, 08:12 PM   #68
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsrockmovie
Anyone who looks at a trailer and a tagline and starts making up all kinds of stupid crap up about how corny and cliche the whole enterprise is, is obviously already carrying around the kind of crap that girls have to confront everyday.

No, not really. This thing is corny and cliche. Girls rock, it's true. Everbody already knows. Riot Grrrl is so 15 years ago.

Quote:
Do any of you even know who Kim Gordon is for chrissake?

Yes, we all do.

Quote:
For all of you who think it's all the same, and doesn't matter if it's boys or girls or whatever stupid shit,

So GUYS singing is stupid shit now?

Quote:
when we called Sonic Youth to license a song for our documentary, we were actually accidentally given Kim Gordon's home number.

Wooooow, you're so fucking cool!

Quote:
She called us back, and after telling her about the project, she actually brought up the fact that we were asking to license Sugarcane, which doesn't feature her singing. "Kind of ironic that it's a song a guy is singing, doncha think?" she said. We were shocked we hadn't thought of that, had just been looking for some feedback sounds.

You were looking for 'feedback sounds', so you picked Sugar Kane? Are you fucking stupid?

Quote:
I guess alot of you aren't really here cause you're Sonic Youth fans, so that kind of thing probably won't matter to you much, that Kim Gordon herself would be aware of the need to feature female voices.

I am a HUGE Sonic Youth fan. I can bet I know more about them than you. Kim Gordon cared about this kind of stuff when it was RELEVANT, 15 or so years ago, but really, gender is no longer an issue AT ALL.

Quote:
Better yet, since it's so easy to be courageously "critical" and outspoken on the internet, why don't you try yelling some of this crap at her at the next Sonic Youth show you go get baked at?

Way to assume shit. Drugs are bad. We're not against Riot-Grrl-era Kim Gordon, we're against your movie, which has turned up way too late, very rudely, in our forum.

Quote:
For the woman who went to Ladies Rock Camp, cheers for being the dissenting voice in this load of adolescent crap, sorry it took me so long to get back here and get your back. I had no idea that a band as thoughtful, revolutionary and against the grain would inspire such an insipid and culturally mainstream bunch of Maxim-fed piddle.

Cheers to Patty as well, for arguing much better than you can. She made me realise that I had come on a little too strong. Sorry to you for that, by the way, wall91. However, you, and your bullshit account can just fuck off, as you're proven to be as ignorant and near-sighted as the stereotypical males you claim to be against.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|