View Single Post
Old 08.23.2006, 03:53 PM   #8
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I think staying away from the dollar bins has saved me from becoming a licker. I've seen those men, though, and vowed not to become one. It's all about standards.

The most I've paid for a record is $75 (first pressing White Album). Generally, for used Lps, I'm looking in the $8-12 bins--clean copies and rarer or harder to find stuff. I'm also into the new 180 gram reissues, especially the ones that offer a rare or new mix, mono, new packaging, etc.

The little things matter greatly to me when I'm buying used--not just the condition of the vinyl but also whether the LP contains the original posters, inserts, etc., and whether the matrix numbers indicate a first or later pressing.

I've pretty much sworn off CDs unless it's something I just can't find in good condition on vinyl. Or it's a favorite that was never released on vinyl or only in a very limited number.