View Single Post
Old 10.30.2013, 08:22 PM   #17517
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I do like him and I think for a while he was one of the most authentic/believable tough guys out there,

Dude you must be choking on nostalgia, have you re-watched an actual Bronson movie since like 25 years ago, because you may unfortunately discover that they suck. Believe me, its nothing personal against Bronson, its just a kind of reality check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

And what's so terrible about The Fog? It's not my fave by Carpenter and the ending's a definite let down but until that point it hardly puts a foot wrong.

If anything, the ending was the only redeeming part, as with most John Carpenter movies, the ending is really the only point. And as with Big Trouble in Little China, The Fog was really pointless up until that point, but unlike as with Big Trouble, the Fog was no where near as entertaining or go for broke campy (e.g. in the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness form).

Carpenter makes The Fog into a morality play on hypocrisy within Christianity, particularly the Catholic Church, as he has in several of his movies, but in this instance, it seems like NONE of the plot developed or enhanced or even built up to this. It was like some kind of "surprise" ending, but the movie itself was not credible enough to sustain it. If you just saw the final 30 minutes, it'd be a better movie in my opinion.

Halloween, The Thing, Escape From New York, Prince of Darkness, In the Mouth of Madness, these are great fucking movies, but The Fog I think is a miss. Just meandered too much..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|