View Single Post
Old 01.22.2015, 05:49 PM   #14
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
no no no wait... windows security updates are essential to prevent getting infected/breached/etc.

i'm referring to windows itself, not automatic updates to other software which can be anything

if you want to be more aware of these you could ask windows to notify you of updates so you can do them manually, but regardless, you needs those like you need oxygen.

why your computer crashes could be a bunch of different reasons-- from needing a disk defragment (does win 8 still need those?) to hard drive failures to memory problems-- i.e., all manner of hardware problems-- not just malware.

#1 thing i'd do is defragment (because nothing runs when files are too broken up), #2 is run all kinds of antivirus to make sure you're not infecto, #3 i'd run some hardware tests (used to be sandra, don't know these days) to make sure the machine itself is not damaged. #4 i'd run a disk check at restart, etc.

sorry if this is complicated-- i know you're not a computer guy but this is your lot as a windows operator-- just breathe deeply and be patient, it will get sorted out.

I haven't been able to defragment my laptop since I got it from new so I don't think win 8 needs that. I've run antivirus, hardware tests and disc check and all's well.

I must've been downloading all the updates to get this problem in the first place...

My problem is exactly the same as in the thread noisereductions posted so I'll try to remove the KB2975719 and KB2995388 files and see if that works.

Then I'll stick to updating manually I think... FUCKING COMPUTERS. Win 8 is crap.

Thanks for trying to help anyway!

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|