View Single Post
Old 07.25.2019, 09:33 AM   #3
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
before becoming the tour manager of SY (or European agent, I don't know what he was ), and a good friend of the band (and still is) Carlos Van Hijfte started the record store Bullit in my hometown Eindhoven. That was truly the place to be for alternative music back then, not only rock/punk/experimental, but also house and rap etc. Sadly it closed 7 years ago. There's also the Effenaar, concert venue and Carlos became the booker for that venue and was responsible for bringing many new bands to the Netherlands or even Europe, e.g. Joy Division and SY themselves. But I wasn't much of a concert goer in my teens (I then lived in a suburb and none of my friends had my exquisite taste in music)

There are some pictures of SY that were taken by Carlos and/or in the region of Eindhoven in this zine. I bought a signed one from Lee

This is one of the most famous buildings, the Evoluon, our own flying saucer

And of course there is Philips and PSV.

edit: oh wait, you asked about something shit as in negative, sorry. Oh well, I already mentioned PSV anyway
But also: carnaval

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|