View Single Post
Old 03.24.2007, 12:59 PM   #4
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
I had to vote stuck in the middle, since there really were two groups. Peter Green's band I'm all about.

The later stuff, I just can't separate in my head from Bill Clinton's Democratic Nomination acceptance speech, and all those disgusting psuedo-liberal yuppie elites dancing around to "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow". I know it's not really Fleetwood Mac's fault, but there it is.

I know what you mean. "Don't Stop" is without a doubt one of my least favorite songs out of their entire expansive catalogue. It's so sugary and sweet it makes me sick at times.

And, in reality, Fleetwood Mac has been more like 5 or 6 different bands. At this point, when I think of Fleetwood Mac I usually envision the band's namesakes, Fleetwood (drummer Mick Fleetwood) and Mac (bassist John McVie). They've stuck with the band from the get-go despite all of the mayhem that has come along with the revolving door of guitarists and singers they have worked with.

If you're not familiar with their early to mid 70's output you should really check some of it out. Future Games, Bare Trees and Heroes are Hard to Find are three fantastic albums. Christine McVie's best work came before the inclusion of Buckingham and Nicks if you ask me.
Green Magnesium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|