View Single Post
Old 11.07.2014, 07:46 PM   #3
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, so ... I'll go.

I think my Album of the Week is probably the new DJ Koze release, Reincarnations Part 2: The Remix Chapter (2009-2014).

I don't know if any of you are fans of this starry-eyed, imaginative and beautifully mad little German dude, but he's one of the best m*****f****rs behind the boards right now. Amygdala was my #6 album of 2013, and this remix volume (which is so much more than just a remix album) almost makes waiting for his next studio LP worth it. Yeah, his remixes are as good as his own shit, and that's something that you can't say about most m*****f****rs.

Anyway, check out his remix of "Jo Gurt" by Super Flu. I mean- he just plucks out the two most worthy syllables ("OK") and turns the thing into a completely different song (which is far better than the original, btw)

Anyway, in the pitchfork review (which was actually fairly well written) Koze was quoted Kosi regarding the evolution of his sound, from more traditional dance and techno jams to this extended period of colorful and melancholic psychedelia that he's currently chillin' in....

He said: "It's so easy to rock the house, but so hard to look out the window"

Which is awesome, obviously.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|