View Single Post
Old 02.25.2007, 10:59 AM   #1
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
for a long time now, i have gotten no enjoyment out of music, or much else in life. it is hard for me to beleive in the bands the way i used to or respect them as much. i feel like i have nowhere left to branch out into. the only real time i can enjoy music like i used to is when im on drugs which is kinda sad. does anyone have any idea what's going on with me?

i've long gotten sick of indie rock and whatever hyped up crapola of the month everyone is going on about. i don't mean to sound like a snob or whatever but i really do feel like that. used to be i was always checking out new music but now it seems i don't bother cos i know what its gonna be like before i hear it and it seems there are no new bands i haven't heard of.

i mean, i can still enjoy music, but i can't come close to the same emotional response i used to have to it, and i seem to be putting less and less energy into it lately. maybe it comes down to not being able to hero worship or respect the bands the way i used to. the last band i really got into was the fall, but after time even they just sound so uninteresting to me, it's like i understand what they are all about and there's no mystique anymore. also sy don't really fill me with the excitement they used to, the only thing that came close was listening to still from syr2 for the second time ever on ecstacy a few nights ago. i kinda feel like i am in some ways too mature for the music i have been into but i can't seem to find anything else. i can remember hitting a really big burn out years ago and then branching out into SY and a load of different bands at the time and rediscovering music, but it seems now like there's nowhere left for me to go.

remedies anyone?
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|