View Single Post
Old 04.23.2016, 09:52 PM   #2
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Hell yeah. Daredevil and Jessica Jones are probably the best things Marvel Studios released in the last few years. I personally enjoyed the first season a bit more though. I thought it was tighter and had a great villain in Kingpin. They really did a great job at portraying him as this untouchable character, which made for some interesting hardships and obstacles for the protagonists to overcome. I kind of missed that a bit in the second season. I liked that it went further into some of the themes that involved internal conflict though.

True, the whole introduction of Stick and the foreshadowing of Black Sky kind of clashed with the pacing/main plot of the first season, but once it fully committed to the "Exposing Kingpin" theme again, it regained its focus and turned progressively intense. I was a bit less emotionally invested in the final act of season 2 and I wasn't too fond of the one-track plot of the first three episodes. Still a very solid season though that had its fair share of standout moments. These are just some minor personal gripes. Count me in for season 3.

I still find it hard to buy that this is supposed to take place in the same universe as the Avengers. It's just such a huge tonal departure from the happy-go-lucky, damn the consequences big screen adaptations.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|