View Single Post
Old 12.04.2016, 11:55 AM   #20115
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses

Super weird, occasionally charming, knowing B horror cheese.
Weird thing about this was that parts of it were actually quite fucked, and the laughs were really pretty fleeting and sporadic. I don't usually have much of an affinity for super gross-out stuff, but this movie features a door knob turning into a giant flaccid dong, and a monster assembling itself out of the contents of a meat cooler. So... yeah. Entertaining.

Seems to be a bit of a cult thing already, as it's based on a David Wong book. Definitely for fans of that special kind of horror that's both disturbing and hysterical. It's serious moments don't feel as serious as, say, Cabin in the Woods, but it's still far from light viewing. Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness, Dead Alive, Teeth and Slither fans should all be content with this one.

4/5 mostly because it was a perfect thing for my girlfriend and me to watch after we decided against paying $20 to watch Suicide Squad on the MacBook, but still wanted a kind of shitty, funny, violent movie for a really boring ass Saturday night.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|