View Single Post
Old 06.25.2006, 11:38 PM   #25
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
The problem with Jazzmasters and Jaguars is that they cost an arm and a leg. I wish it was the good old days (70's and 80's) where you could purchase a used, second-hand Jazzmaster or a Jaguar or even Mustang for just a couple hundred bucks at the pawn shops and instrument stores. But once Kurt Cobain got famous everyone wanted his guitars (Jazzmaster, Mustang, Jaguar) and alternative rock exploded. And now what was once cheap, affordable guitars are now quite expensive and hard to find in second hand stores and regular instrument stores. True, the interent is the best source for buying Jazzmaster, Jaguars and Mustangs, but you really have to dish out a pretty penny for them.

I'm looking at one right now on Musiciansfriend.com and a new 1962 Jazzmaster reissue is going for about $1400. A new 1962 Jaguar reissue is also about $1400. They don't really sell Mustangs anymore but they were pricey as well. I'd tell you to go look on ebay for these guitars. Sometimes they can go for around $500-1000, but often they go much over that. It's hard to tell. But they also have the orignal series guitars instead of just the '62 reissue. So it's kind of a mixed blessing. It all depends if you want to spend a lot of money on these guitars.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|