View Single Post
Old 06.22.2006, 01:27 PM   #20
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Lethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rick
Dickie Peterson has kept the band going since 1966. They never really broke up. But Paul Whaley no longer plays along (since 10 years ago) and Leigh Stephens has been on non-speaking terms with Dickie since the 70's.

Expect mediocre biker rock at best...caveat emptor!

I've got a lot of hometown pride for Blue Cheer, and this current county-faire-caliber version of the band doesn't do anything to imperil that, but seriously...here's a band that should called it quits 35 years ago.

My advice is don't waste your money.

dude, i think you need to maybe see them again man....Blue Cheer fucking blew the roof off Bar last night in new haven.. i stood there stunned the whole time by how fierce and exact they sounded. man, the whole place was flipping out. they played nothing but old songs. all of vincebus eruptum was played, along with the hunter and just a little bit from the second album.

Blue Cheer now has gigs lined up with the likes of Witch and Dead Meadow now. i dont mean to say what you said isnt true, but maybe they got a second wind now. im a big blue cheer fan and i couldnt have been more amazed with how they played. dicki peterson looks like a bad ass still to this day, and he rocked that bass like it was the late 60s again, same for whalen, he is an amazing drummer. even the guitar player was great, not perfect, but he played strong and added his own noise and feedback effects to the end of a lot of the songs....plus he had a Melvins shirt on

i cant wait to catch them again, dickie said theyd be back around new haven in a few months..

highlight of the night was parchment farm > out of focus

pass the grass man!

i consider you dumb, ignorant, and irrelevant
perhaps more than a fly, but less than a fart. a joke - !@#$%!

Death by a firing squard of ten black gay men would be too good for this shithead. - atari2600

loser retard. pothead - !@#$%!

you're a real prick for acting so daft & being so disagreeable on purpose - atari2600

On the contrary, tesla69 is idiota numero uno - atari2600
Lethrneck4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|