View Single Post
Old 02.14.2007, 05:05 AM   #30
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
I don't expect much from openers, usually.
I didn't know anything about Davy Jones Locker when they opened for Dinosaur Jr in 91; I had just heard that they were from Thionville - hence, French. It turned out I was more pleased by their set than by Dino.
Same thing for Eiffel in 96, for what they called their first show, opening for the Cramps (who were excellent).
The biggest surprise was the Launderettes. I had read a summary of their work, a Norwegian all-girls band playing rock, and I expected something like Europe meets Girlschool.
From their warm up to the end of the set it was great. I was early at the venue and got to hear through the opened door the band playing a wonderful tune that would appear on their second LP.
They opened for Holly Golightly. Didn't expect much from her (but I'm a sucker for thee Headcoatees) and it wasn't great. Bruce Brand is rather terrible as a guitar player.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|