View Single Post
Old 09.13.2016, 08:33 PM   #15
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
hahaha no by no means, especially when in nearly every post I make in here I'm praising them for exactly that reason...this band mean a lot more to me than pretty much any other and have for a very, very long time.

having said that, I think it's quite easy to talk about them from an ideological perspective, as a subconscious dismantling of everything that constitutes rock music in a traditional sense and how that is fundamentally the most 'rockist'-centric thinking thing one could do, but actually trying to discuss their music itself seems pretty pointless as irrespective of whatever they do (not try as they aren't trying to accomplish anything at all) they always end up in the same space.

russell's explanation around secret earth that they're just some guys who record between beers on an afternoon is the best description I suppose; they're not getting together to play with one another as if you've ever seen them live they aren't playing together, they get up there and each one does what they want to do for an hour then they fuck off again.

on a basic level too they're just lovely people. <333333

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|