View Single Post
Old 02.26.2019, 11:13 PM   #29
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by shallow27
The 'work' in this case was to play years ago in front of people, maybe I'm wrong but not all those recordings are soundboards from the band... it's obvious what you said, an artist deserves money for his work but when I go to a museum and I take pictures or videos to share it later I don't think I'm stealing anything sorry. Sonic Youth are not Michael Jackson or Madonna, it's sad to commercialize everything... anyway I didn't want to sound rude (my english sucks and doesn't help), just my opinion.

That's right it is just YOUR opinion, just like its the band's OPINION to make the live recordings available to try to earn abit from it. If you have a beef with artists trying to profit off of live recordings you're in a losing minority. It's an endless list of artists have released live recordings as official documents of their work. Your argument just doesn't hold enough weight in the overall world of music entertainment. A majority of artists/bands in the overall profit scheme of the music industry make much less profit these days on official recordings whether its live or live or studio. Its unfortunate reality of the digital age, artists/bands are forced to tour to make their living, its not as glamorous as it may all seem.

If you don't like it nobody is forcing you to buy it, but expecting it to be free is rather selfish.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|