View Single Post
Old 01.04.2007, 08:33 PM   #23
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
I rented four movies the other day while waiting for my Netflix to come in the mail. They were:

Don't Come Knocking
The Proposition
Hellraiser
Jacob's Ladder

The only one I hadn't seen before was the first one, which I got mainly for its credentials. Unfortunately, it didn't deliver.

I rented the last two to watch with my brothers. I'm trying to revisit horror-type movies that I haven't seen in a while to see how they've held up. A few months ago, I rented the Exorcist, and was surprised to find that it still makes me want to vomit.

I first saw The Proposition in August, I think, and really liked it then. I wanted to see it again, and the second time around I expected it to be not quite as thrilling as the first time, but I was wrong. I actually started watching it at 6 in the morning today because it was due back at noon and I had other stuff to do between then. I thought that watching a movie that early would just put me back to sleep, but that first scene woke me right up and I wasn't too tired after that. This movie was even better the second time around, although it was great seeing it on the big screen.

I haven't gotten a chance to watch Jacob's Ladder again yet, but I'm in no real hurry since I can keep it until Sunday.

Jacobs Ladder is great but I must disagree on The Exorcist and The Proposition. I thought both were pretty lame for reasons I can't quite put my finger on. Well, The Exorcist was just silly...I think it's dated pretty badly and The Proposition was just...boring. I can't really remember what happened in it.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|