View Single Post
Old 04.22.2022, 06:38 AM   #25158
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Symbols is old enough to have a chip on his shoulder about millennials
nooooo! that is not what i meant at all. that is a huge misunderstanding and mischaracterization, and just no. i reject that. it's a funny wink but the joke has no truth.

i don't have a problem with "millenials." who are legion. read in this way this is an almost meaningless term. too abstract to mean much. it's only useful in broad and loose terms. it takes specificity to have a problem with something, much less with someone.

so i have a problem with the infantilizing aspects of the culture of postindustrial capitalist societies. i have a problem with the cultural supremacy of the superhero movie in the adult world, which i find fucking lame and in bad taste. not the movies themselves, but their place. and i also have a problem with becoming an eloi (maybe). maybe i have morlock longings, hahahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I think I told you some time ago (Jesus, probably like 2 years now) that I swiped a Borges short story collection from my stepdad. Sadly I haven’t read it yet. I suck.
But this is my year for reading, so maybe I’ll finally get to it.

ah! well... then wtf are we doing talking about superheroes hahaha.

speaking of elois, borges liked h.g. wells (um, not personally, lol, i don't think they met in meatspace). but he features him in this "personal library" he wrote, which is a collection of 100 short reviews of authors he enjoyed the most. since he was an erudite reader it's well worth a look.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|