View Single Post
Old 04.21.2010, 01:40 PM   #82
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
Did someone say Lil Wayne was a good guitarist? Did I read that right?

someone did say that. I forget who now. But yeah I did read that. It's not true. He's terrible at guitar. Which is part of what makes it so awesome that he plays guitar. I mean, I'd kill to be a fly on the wall in that meeting with the label (Universal).

Lil Wayne: "Okay, so I'm gonna play guitar on this album."
Label Execs: ...

I think the track "Paradise" on REBIRTH contains lyrics that sum up the entire album's concept: "you can call me crazy / I've been called worse / it's like I've got it all / but what's it all worth?" -- Weezy "the artist" has grown to Kurdt-level of fame, and he knows it. So he can either kill himself, or he can kill his image. I think artistically he made this album in an attempt to kill the Weezy character. I mean think about the difference between REBIRTH and CARTER III. It's insane. In his own lyrics, he always compares himself to Biggie, Pac, Jay-Z... but (especially after watched THE CARTER docu) I find him way closer to Cobain. The age, the talent, the super-fast rise, the addiction, the not being able to cope -- except they cope differently. I mean there's excess, but it's gone about differently.