View Single Post
Old 10.06.2010, 12:13 PM   #20
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I agree with most of what he said, and if you read between the lines of thrustons and lee's and Kim's words about Geffen after they left, they see it too. Geffen used them as bait to pull in other acts who were them used abused and discarded just as major labels always do and have done. This also allowed major labels to go wild buying up tons of indie labes wholesale, rebranding them, and using them as fake-ass "indie" extensions of their massive conglomerates.
the sonics have also hinted many times at how right away theyr were disappointed by geffen and their decision to jump to them. They were glad that the back catalog got distribution, but that came at a big price. They admit that they had to react to the whims of the geffen execs in record promotion, the songs used on albums, marketing, etc.
that shit all sucks.

and I for one hated hated hated seeing sonic youth on shit ass gossip girl and all the other super mainstream bullshit they ahve done.

No one is perfect though, and SY are still the greatest band in the world to me.