View Single Post
Old 10.06.2010, 12:04 PM   #18
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykid87
no, im saying that albini seems to have a formula just like the mainstream does in order to make or break a respectable band, hence him being no better than the mainstream...

for fucking sure it makes him better. What you call his "formula" is a process of recording which captures on magnetic tape the near-exact sound of a band playing LIVE. It is infinitely better than the mainstreams "formula" of over-processed, lowest-common denominator decision making.

an Albini recorded band will sound full and thick and raw, just as they do live. most mainstream bands sound like fucking plastic on record ad live need a lot of extraneous effects and musicians to try and replicate the bullshit mainstream producers saddle songs with these days.

all things are NOT relative.