View Single Post
Old 09.13.2009, 09:21 AM   #76
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I think it's fair to say that both Sonic Youth and Radiohead are less influenced by the Beatles in terms of musical reference points than say Oasis (who ultimately descended into being little more than a tribute band). I think what they did pick up on far more than Oasis though was The Beatles' sense of picking up on ideas that might not immediately seem obvious for a Rock band to pick up on and being able to frame those ideas within a Rock context. Whatever anyone might think of The Beatles' output, I don't see how any open-minded band could fail to be at least inspired by what The Beatles managed to achieve, especially at a time when this was considered far from the norm.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|