View Single Post
Old 05.28.2008, 08:37 AM   #26
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Well before the real thing starts we should consider the team we have as a training one.

From what I undersand, points will be erased on the 7th to start anew.
What I didn't get was : will we have to create a team once again and start a new tournament, or will we go on the way it is with zero point so that more people could join?
It wasn't clear for me; even with the French text; I think it's the start all over again bit that will prevail.

Either way, I'll keep you updated.

As for Anelka, the 23 players selected for France are :

Goalkeepers : Coupet as #1; subs are Mandanda and Frey
Defenders : from left to right, most plausible starters : Abidal, Gallas, Thuram, Sagnol; replacements are Evra, Squilacci, Boumsong, Clerc. It's hard to tell who could enter a game from Squilacci and Boumsong. I wouldn't bet on them. Sagnol has been injured a lot, so Clerc has chances to play a few minutes here and there. Abidal can play fullback, so Evra too has a chance.
Midfielders : defensive ones : Makelele, Vieira, with Toulalan and Diarra as subs - Toulalan being quite good.
Midfielders : offensive ones : Ribéry, Malouda, with Govou and Nasri as subs.
Forwards : most probably Henry with either Anelka or Benzema, and Gomis as third sub. I think Anelka will start more often than Benzema.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|