View Single Post
Old 12.29.2006, 08:35 PM   #114
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g
anything by Reverend Horton Heat on Sub Pop was good... no, really, it was still "fresh."

anything by Combustible Edison is good, the soundtrack to a drink in your hand and a lovely lady at your side, the night never ending...

I know it's all about diff'rent strokes for me and you, but I just couldn't identify with the swanky feelin's of songs like "It's Martini Time!" I like extreme ridiculousness, but it's gotta be my kinda ridiculous. And I couldn't really see too much separation between RHH and C.E. and stuff like the Cherry Poppin' Daddies and the Crazy 8's. And maybe this all got kick-started by Buster Poindexter, or going back even further...TACO!

One more really sucky record on Sub Pop was that album by Sprinkler.
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|