View Single Post
Old 12.11.2017, 12:21 PM   #177
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
well i think our discussion was more about mitigating the unavoidable than about completely curing something, right? i think mitigating, not controlling, is the accurate word.

i mean, there are mild mood disorders and there are serious medical conditions like a brain tumors. some shit you can handle with talk therapy, some require medication, some need brain surgery.

mitigation doesn’t guarantee a cure, but there’s always room for mitigation regardless, right?— just like even an incurable dying patient can benefit from hospice care.

so even the severely traumatized can benefit from some practices but it’s never gonna be 100%. still 10% better is better than none.

there’s this documentary about meditation i saw a couple of years ago. it was on netflix, i forget the name.

anyway they take these groups of war veterans who are all fucked up, addicted to shit, having problems coping, and they teach them meditation and other stuff. at the same time the researchers also teach meditation and breathing techniques to a bunch of traumatized fucked up little kindergarten kids.

at the end of the program, some people did better and some people relapsed or gave up on it. overall you could see it was positive— but you could see also it’s not a 100% cure. it’s a tough, long slog.

but yeah im having a cup of tea right now and i’m awake but also chill as fuck. for me it beats coffee. such calm.

sorry tea makes you vomit! weird.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|