View Single Post
Old 12.18.2017, 08:53 PM   #992
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Dude, that’s more than Kanye’s sold in a week since like 2010, and more than Kendrick’s sold on anything but DAMN, and all of Kendrick and Kanye’s albums have been #1 (or #2 in the case of Cruel Summer and College Dropout; #?? in Section80’s case). For 2017, 250,000 is a pretty solid #1 album.

I’ll bet its at least in the top ten opening week sales of the year. In fact, I’m almost fucking positive.

But it should certainly be over for Em. He’s terrible.
Eminem actually went from 800,000 with Marshall Mathers LP 2 to this. Yeezus did 320,000 and To Pimp a Butterfly did 320,000 too. That was all before the streaming era, nowadays the numbers are actually higher due to equivalent sales. DAMN did 600,000 first week (on a side note, it has gone double platinum since and is the highest selling album of the year, all genres included). 4:44 was only available for streaming on TIDAL during its first week and still sold the equivalent of 260,000 copies.

250,000 would be great for almost every other rapper, but for an established pop star like Eminem this is really bad. He's lost most of his fan base and since this album is being received so poorly I don't think he'll even be here for another album.

We officially live in an era where Kendrick, Kanye and Hov are all more popular than Eminem.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|