View Single Post
Old 09.11.2009, 05:48 AM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I quite like this "Genre", I've got some discs of people in the woods beating on trees and rocks. Can't remember the name, also I posted an album a while back by an acoustic guitarist playing Fahey-ish compositions but the main sound you hear on the record is birds chirping, cars passing by, etc, and his guitar is playing in the distance. Can't recall the name of that either haha. I guess that's part of the fun, a lot of it is so anonymous, just some random guy recording this shit.. there's a lot of stuff like this on archive.org, almost too much to investigate.

I definitely will check out the stuff you posted above, as I've been meaning to get into this stuff more. Like I said in the other thread, DOG POUND FOUND SOUND is the field recording to get if you want to hear some crazy shit. It's 2 1/2 hours (2 discs) of dogs barking, crying, yelping, screaming from an animal shelter. I could only take 2 minutes of it before I turned it off. THe most extreme recording I've ever heard.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|