View Single Post
Old 07.15.2007, 11:12 PM   #69
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Personally I'm getting tired of pop. Every other band nowadays is some pop rock scene fashion crap calling itself hardcore or screamo or whatever. All the lame pop rock like Green Day that exploded when I was in high school didn't really warm me up to pop either. But of course all music is part pop to some extent except for the most noisiest of noise.

I don't get why you are saying The Kinks are pop. I always considered them early rock as in the transition from early Rock N Roll pop to bluesy, harder rock.

I think you have a very warped view of what pop is... or maybe a very standard, non-thinking/unedutated view of what pop is. Pop isn't just something that's popular at the time, a trend. There's a theory that pop music is a song that is written within a certain confined structure, whether mainstream, a trend, or not.