View Single Post
Old 05.05.2009, 11:18 AM   #17
NWRA
children of satan

NWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
So yr saying that his first album, before he understood the concept of writing lines for characters (the device that has pretty much made him the lyricist that he is) is his mature album? I'm pretty sure that even he would disagree with you on that one.

I'm confused here. That's exactly what I'm saying and it makes perfect sense to me yet I'm assuming I'm supposed to find what you're saying objectionable?

My point is this: Infinite is his most personal, introspective album (two factors which I associate with maturity) precisely because it isn't written from the perspective of comedy characters.

You've heard the songs It's OK, Never 2 Far, Searchin', etc? Well, compare them to any three from any of the albums that he's released since the Slim Shady LP; I bet you won't find more than one where he isn't either writing from the perspective of a comedy pervert/pill-head or ranting like a petulent teenager (with the same insecurities, paranoia, whining, hollow pseudo-rage). Hence Infinite seems more mature to me, more 'real' (because he's in touch with reality). There aren't even any skits on it (well, not the stupid kind).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
He hadn't developed any of his original style in Infinite, so it is definitely not his mature album.

What's originalty got to do with maturity? Unless we're thinking of the different meanings of the word 'mature' (me: personal, introspective; you: best)?
NWRA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|