View Single Post
Old 03.01.2007, 10:12 AM   #57
the bates dynasty
empty page

the bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by msittig
If you like Hang On The Box, try the SUBS. They're like HOTB -- and also from Beijing -- but with ten times the energy. They have a weblog, maybe you can some mp3s on it. Shanghai's best punk band is probably Loudspeaker (音器), but I don't know if they've put out a CD or not.

My favorite Chinese band is Shanghainese band Cold Fairyland 冷酷仙境. The play world fusion music: drums, guitar, bass, keyboard, cello and a Chinese string-instrument called the pipa. I think they're in Europe on tour right now. They have a website too, http://miyadudu.com.

msitig (i'll keep your first name a mystery, wink..)
how is it that my office is down the hall from yours and i didn't know anything about your music taste till i accidentally ran across you twice on the WORLD WIDE WEB?! i'll swing by your office tomorrow and tell you about this. it's nice to know there's more people at our school that like good music. by the by, have you ever gone to see tim's band? they played w/ loudspeaker last year, i don't know if you'd like his music though, his songs are kind of 'americana', not that that's bad, just maybe not your cup of tea.

later
the bates dynasty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|