View Single Post
Old 02.07.2015, 12:09 PM   #38367
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i got sidetracked yesterday and couldn't reply to a bunch of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
yes, maybe a robot could do my work, but could it also smoke thousands of cigarettes during breaks? I mean, i got philip morris on my side! He'll secure my income so can buy his product and smoke myself to death, no?

indeed. that's a guarantee of a perpetual income.

but i'm curious about this french lawsuit... france is suing your restaurant???

Quote:
I stopped watching movies and tv shows (at least I like to think that). But yeah, watched the wire twice. good stuff.

the thing with tv is, i don't know if it's just my diminishing IQ or a real objective thing but it has gotten so good that to me is the new literature. it is doing on the screen what only the novel used to do. mad men? breaking bad? sopranos? 6 feet under? some of that has some seriously good characters and stories. i'll go ahead and say it--it's good art. and yes it's formally quite conservative, it's not any kind of avant-garde, but nevertheless it's good art, like a XIX century novel.

Quote:
I did read for a while though. Thomas Bernhard - don't know how familiar people outside german speaking countries are with him.... you'd like!

“We must allow ourselves to think, we must dare to think, even though we fail. It is in the nature of things that we always fail, because we suddenly find it impossible to order our thoughts, because the process of thinking requires us to consider every thought there is, every possible thought. Fundamentally we have always failed, like all the others, whoever they were, even the greatest minds. At some point, they suddenly failed and their system collapsed, as is proved by their writings, which we admire because they venture farthest into failure. To think is to fail, I thought.”

never heard of the guy but that's a great quote

Quote:
Then I made spätzle. Turned out fantastic.

i've never had such thing as fantastic spatzle. i am however heartened to know that it exists.

Quote:
then things went a bit downhill.
went to practice space to play with my new duo project. not sure if that project is a good idea...
she's awesome
http://vimeo.com/29231427

then we went to a music session where we played with oud, flute and percussion players from Iran.
Totally sucked, and they probably were antisemites.

oh god.

you all should watch this now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaWpMZUorNc
Giavanna Marina

i'll skip commenting on iranian politicsin this thread but that vimeo with the pool was great-- will check out the other next
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|